You have a Facebook page—now what?

There is an Italian proverb about a homeless man who goes to church everyday for years asking God to please, please let him win the lottery. Finally, after years of hearing this prayer, God finally answers the man saying: “Please, just buy a ticket.” By creating a Facebook page for your business, you may feel like you are diving into the world of social media, but the truth is, you have only dipped your toe.  Your Facebook page is a tool, but you must actively use that tool in order to derive value.

According to HubSpot’s “How to Master Facebook Marketing in 10 Days,” there are 6 basic principals to follow:

1. Post EVERY DAY

2. ENGAGE with you audience using questions, contests, interesting/pertinent links

3. Have a CALL TO ACTION

4. DON’T OVERSELL, 80% of your posts should be content driven (20% devoted to sales)

5. Get more LIKES

6. Make it FUN with games, challenges, fresh content and creativity 

If you’re concerned that your Facebook page isn’t attracting new customers—get a load of this—58% of Facebook fans “like” a page because they’re already a customer—which leaves an entire 42% who haven’t been a customer yet—so make them one!  On that note, 57% of fans like a page to receive deals and discounts, which makes promotions a great way to engage your audience.    

In order to stand out on a News Feed, you need to be posting relevant and interesting content regularly.The more you post, and the more you interact, the more likely you are to appear on your fan’s feeds. The more you appear, the more views, the more interest, the more customers. Get my drift? 

Grow your email list with Privy. Sign up free at privy.com/beta