The Second Promotion Is The Most Effective

One of our customers, Stone Hearth Pizza, just found out a lesson that is great for all of you: the second offer is the most effective at converting non-customers into paying customers. 

Only new customers who come to the website can get a Free Appetizer.

Only new customers who come to the website can get a Free Appetizer.

Stone Hearth Pizza runs what we call LROs ("Long Running Offers") - they are promotions which are available only to First Time Customers and generally for an extended period of time. They run these LROs primarily on their website to convert high-intent website visitors into remarketable email addresses. In general, 26% of people who sign up for a promotion on Stone Hearth's website redeem that same promotion. But what about the other 74%?

Recently, they ran a LTO ("Limited Time Offer") promotion which they sent out via email and on Twitter. Of all the people who signed up for the LTO, 84.3% of them came from the email blast - this means that Stone Hearth had their email address already. What's amazing, though, is that of all people who went on to redeem the promotion in-store, 73.5% of them had never redeemed before...they were new customers. So, many people who had given their email address to Stone Hearth hadn't spent money before.

84.3% of claimers came from an email blast and 73.5% of redeemers were NEW customers. Not all email addresses are paying customers.

84.3% of claimers came from an email blast and 73.5% of redeemers were NEW customers. Not all email addresses are paying customers.

Here's the interesting insight: people sign up via the website - this is them agreeing to have a digital relationship with a brand. But not all of them redeem. When they are sent a second promotion by the brand with a specific call to action, they DO redeem - they have agreed to spend money.

How many people who receive your promotions via email are new customers? Grow your email list with website widgets and mobile landing pages from Privy. Sign up free at privy.com/beta