Today we're releasing an incredibly powerful set of targeting features under the Audience Targeting umbrella. Audience targeting is available on all Growth and Enterprise plans. And for a limited time, any one who upgrades to the commerce plan before March 1st will also unlock the audience targeting features as well.
With audience targeting conditions and groups, you can now run Privy campaigns on your site with precise targeting on a per campaign basis.
Audience Targeting Rules
- Current URL: The URL of the current page, including domain. Changes from page to page. To add multiple URLs, enter one per line.
- Referring URL: The URL of the previous page, or none if not specified. This could be an internal page, or from another domain (for example, facebook.com). Changes from page to page. To add multiple URLs, enter one per line.
- Traffic type: The source of the current user’s session. One of “search,” “social“, “paid“, “direct” or sometimes “unknown.”
- Initial traffic type: The source of the current user’s FIRST session. One of “search,” “social“, “paid“, “direct” or sometimes “unknown.”
- jQuery: Checks for the existence of a particular jQuery or CSS selector.
- Scroll percent: How far the user has scrolled down the screen, in percentage terms.
- Sessions count: The number of sessions this user has had on the site.
- Pageviews all time: The number of pageviews this user has had on the site across ALL browsing sessions.
- Pageviews this session: The number of pageviews this user has had on the site for THIS browsing session.
- Device category: The user’s device type. Either desktop or mobile. Tablets are considered mobile.
Audience targeting is perfect for common use cases like abandoned cart popups, traffic based targeting to show specific popups to referrals from Facebook vs Google, first time customer offers, and more.
Update for Page Targeting
Users on the commerce plan will also notice we overhauled the page targeting and device targeting features into the same user interface:
Click below to upgrade to the commerce plan and unlock Audience Targeting before March 1st.